-->

10/6/10

Drawn to Develop 2010

I'm taking part in Drawn to Develop again this year. This is the third year that it's happening and also my third year taking part. Canadian photographers are challenged to create a photo based on a street youth's drawing. The prints are auctioned off at a gala event happening on Thursday October 14th with all the proceeds going to Street Kids International. For more info and to buy tickets to the event please visit drawntodevelop.com

Hope to see you there!

My drawing this year came from 9 year old Suman from Nepal. Here's his drawing and what he said when a youth worker asked him about his drawing..


SUMAN – I drew a plane.
Q: Why did you draw a plane? Do you want to be a pilot?
SUMAN – No, I want to fly in a plane and go away from here.
Q: Where will you go?
SUMAN – I don’t know, maybe America. I will go away from here and I won’t have to come back. I drew the flower also, but I won’t have to take it with me. There will be many more flowers abroad.

My friend Dan was on set video taping the day of my shoot and made this sweet little making of video. Make sure you have the volume on..


No comments: